Many teams begin the process of creating these custom applications with only business goals in mind, placing privacy and security in the backlog to be dealt with at a future time. Often, these well-meaning policies lead to snowballing tech debt and a fundamental lack of clarity on the systems, their components, and the potential vulnerabilities each contributes to the overall risk equation of the business, often leading to one of these outcomes:
- Security Incident - Customer data confidentiality is breached, the integrity of the data is no longer verifiable, or the systems have been removed from operation.
- Compliance Oversight - The organization’s security posture is assessed by a third party and gaps have been identified.
- Internal Oversight - Management brings new security requirements and expectations to the development team.
With the help of Layer 8 Security’s DevSecOps experts, you can rely on battle-tested expertise to begin or accelerate your path toward maturing the security of your software ecosystem and alleviate the burden of these new security requirements. We embed within your development team to:
- Assess the current security posture
- Identify and compare tool options
- Integrate new systems into CI/CD pipelines
- Create policies and procedures
- Provide training to individual contributors